Jon L. Hester is the head of the firm. He limits his practice to family law and is heavily concentrated in litigation involving business and professional practice valuations and alimony issues. Admitted to practice in 1973, he was engaged in general practice at the firm of Hamilton and Lambert until his appointment to the Judiciary in 1976. In 1982 after his term on the bench he went into private practice. In 2014, he was part of the wife’s trial team in the celebrated case of Hamm v. Hamm in which he was responsible for conducting the examinations of Mr. Hamm and many of the directors and top executives of Continental Resources.
Admitted to Practice:
- 1973, Oklahoma Bar Association
- Alaska Methodist University (B.A., 1970)
- University of Oklahoma, College of Law (J.D., 1972)
- Family Relations Division, Oklahoma County District Court (1976-1982)
- Adjunct Professor at the University of Oklahoma (1979-1983) and Rose State College (1978-1983), teaching various law courses.
- He has been a presenter of continuing Legal Education programs since 1980.
- Oklahoma County Bar Association
- Oklahoma Bar Association
- Fellow, American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers
- Board of Director, Oklahoma County Bar Association (1982-1985)
- Chairman, Family Law Section of the Oklahoma Bar Association (1982-1983 and 1986)
- President, Oklahoma Chapter of American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers (1988-1989) and (2004-2005)
- National Board of Governors, American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers (1990-1992)